[Asterisk-Users] Dialing out after caller leaves message

Rana Dutt rdutt at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 21:55:57 MST 2004

The following suggested sequence does not work:

exten => 100, 1, Dial(SIP/100, 15)
exten => 100, 2, Voicemail(u100)
exten => h,1,Dial(Zap/g1/CELL_PHONE)

The Dial command in the 3rd step will fail because the channel it uses to
dial out on has hung up already! For example, if extension 101 leaves a
message for ext. 100 and then hangs up, the first two steps above get
executed, but after 101 hangs up, there is no "current channel" for Dial to
use to place the call to the cell phone.

Can anyone see a way to make Asterisk dial a new call on its own after the
original caller has hung up? Do I need an AGI script to do this? Thanks,

-Ron