[Asterisk-Users] Background and multiple digits

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Sun Feb 29 19:40:13 MST 2004

Hi,

How does one get the Background application to recognize more
than one digit? A similar question to this was asked on the list
on 13 Nov 2003 but that post seems to have gotten no responses.

Basically I have the following in extensions.conf:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,Background(myintro)
exten => 4,1,Playback(success)
exten => 4,2,Hangup
exten => 510,1,Playback(success)
exten => 510,2,Hangup

If I press 4 during the intro, the success message is played. If I press
510 during the intro, I get an invalid extension. Am I missing something
obvious here? I want to handle multiple-digit extensions during a Background...

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.