[Asterisk-Users] Delta Three/iConnectHere Outgoing Caller ID?

Chris Higgins chiggins at pobox.com
Fri Feb 27 21:26:18 MST 2004

Nate Carlson wrote:

> Caller ID to work. I searched the archives, and found some people saying
> that outgoing Caller ID shows up as "Out of Area" (that's what I get), and
> another person saying it worked 75% of the time for him. I've tried
> calling 3 different area codes (612, 952, and 253), so I've tried multiple

My experience is that it worked 50% of the time for me.  I live in 919.
  When I call to 919, it always comes up Unknown.  When I call family in
304, the caller ID is set to my home number and it shows up as it should
(both number and name) on my family's callerid units.  I think the
theory that some exchanges support it and some don't is solid.

> 1) For the people that have had caller ID working, what type of
> iConnectHere service plan do you have? (IE, do you have a number with
> them, or is it outgoing only?) Right now, I'm testing with the free

$10 trial, outgoing only, no incoming number.

> 3) What's the proper way to configure things to get Caller ID to work,
> for the people that have it working? I'll include the configuration that
> I've tried below.

Here is what I do on outgoing calls:

exten => s,1,SetCallerID(919-XXX-XXXX)
exten => s,2,SetCIDName(Your Name)

Though, after reading other, more knowledgable people's explanation of
how caller id numbers and names are linked, I think only the first line
is necessary.  FYI, these are the first two lines in my
[macro-dialiconnect] macro.

> 5) Is my 'register' syntax below set up properly? I couldn't find much
> documentation on the 'proper' way to set this up.

I don't think the /username is necessary at the end of the register
command.  To be sure, look at the log to see if * complains about the
registration.  I do know that if you don't have an incoming number, you
don't need to register with iconnect at all.  Just set up
username/password in sip.conf and Dial().

-- Chris