[Asterisk-Users] Delta Three/iConnectHere Outgoing Caller ID?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Feb 26 18:29:03 MST 2004

Hey all,

I'm a new Asterisk user; just testing it out right now using kphone until
my Sipura and X100P arrive. I'd like to set up outgoing calls to roll over
from my Vonage line (connected via the X100P, and possibly a second line
with a Vonage Softphone) to an iConnectHere line, but really need outgoing
Caller ID to work. I searched the archives, and found some people saying
that outgoing Caller ID shows up as "Out of Area" (that's what I get), and
another person saying it worked 75% of the time for him. I've tried
calling 3 different area codes (612, 952, and 253), so I've tried multiple
exchanges, as someone thought that some iConnectHere exchanges may support
it and some may not. Now for the questions part which you've all been
dreading.. :)

1) For the people that have had caller ID working, what type of
iConnectHere service plan do you have? (IE, do you have a number with
them, or is it outgoing only?) Right now, I'm testing with the free
10-minute trial; don't want to spend money with them until I'm fairly
confident it'll work (Yeah, even the basic $10 *grin*). Also, what syntax
are you using to specify caller ID?

2) For the people that get the "Out of Area" caller ID, what type of
service level are you on?

3) What's the proper way to configure things to get Caller ID to work,
for the people that have it working? I'll include the configuration that
I've tried below.

4) If it's not possible to get Caller ID working with iConnectHere, is
there an alternative provider that does per-minute billing for outgoing
calls that it *does* work with?

5) Is my 'register' syntax below set up properly? I couldn't find much
documentation on the 'proper' way to set this up.

Thanks much, and I'm looking forward to using Asterisk more!

sip.conf:
register => username:xxxx at natrelay.deltathree.com/username

[iconnecthere]
type=friend
username=username
secret=xxxx
host=natrelay.deltathree.com
nat=yes
context=default
callerid=<1 952 xxx xxxx>

extensions.conf:
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID,<1 952 xxx xxxx>
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN:1}@iconnecthere
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,3,Congestion