[Asterisk-Users] Request for enhancement - IP dependent ports

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 04:30:24 MST 2004

I am not a programmer so can not implement this, but I think it may be
useful.
Asterisk configured to listen on multiple IP addresses,
Then configure RTP ports for each address independently;
So I open 5  ports on one IP and then forward those ports to that IP
from my firewall.
Then on another IP I can still have hundreds or thousands open for my
internal users.

That way I can avoid opening many ports to the outside world on my
firewall as I dont expect more than a few users a day to use this route.