[Asterisk-Users] E911 support

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Thu Feb 26 15:59:09 MST 2004

Hi, I can answer part of the Caller ID question.

> Also, at least in the testing I've done, the text portion
of
> the CLID string is ignored by the telco.  They only look
at the number and
> generate the text based on what is in their database.  IE;
If I tell my
> asterisk server to set my callerID to "test" <my home
number> and call someplace,
> What I get on the  CLID display of the phone I dial is
"John Fraizer" and my
> home number.

This is correct.  The extended caller id information
(name/address) is pulled from the CNAME database based on
the caller id number.

No help on the E911 stuff, still researching that here.

-e