[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream transfer into outer space

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Thu Feb 26 15:23:01 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:49:11PM -0600, James Sizemore wrote:
> You could always create a rule to match any-e-thing 3 or 4 digits, that
> always forwards to the receptionist

This has the same problem as a "catch" rule -- suggested in other posts --
for the invalid extension. I don't want to catch *ALL* transfers. Likewise,
if extension 450 dials 451 but hits 481 by mistake -- just an extension
to exenstion call -- then I surely don't want to send *THAT* to the
operator.

All these things would work fine *IF* I could somehow separate "transferring"
into *its own context*. But, it isn't clear you can do that. Actually, I
don't even need to catch transfers managed by Asterisk -- just the blind
transfers done by the Grandstream itself.

I'm still completely newbieville to how SIP works, but it looks to me as
though I'm asking for Asterisk to be able to do something different when
it gets an INVITE from a phone that *already has a channel open*.