[Asterisk-Users] Simple Front Gate Intercom

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 26 13:16:06 MST 2004

http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/doorentry/product_list.html

> > >Am I getting things backwards, or is the W-1000 what he was talking
> > >about as an FXO device.   I'm having trouble finding an FXS version on
> > >Viking's site at the moment...
> >
> > A bad explanation on my part...
> >
> > The W-1000A provides battery and generates ring (you plug a phone into
> > it).  The E-10 receives battery (you plug a phone line into it).
>
> Yup, that looks like the right device to me...  Looks like it'll connect
> to an FXS port on your * box.  Wonder what that thing costs...  Looks like
> you need 3 dates with a sales rep before they'll quote you a price...

Buzzt err NO
to an unused 'telephone line port' of a PABX or Key System.
-aka CO line aka fxo port
it is a *FXS* so it must interface via a FXO

http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/app-notes/doorboxes.html
The W-1000, W-2000A and W-3000 doorboxes are designed
to be installed on the unused telephone line input of nearly any phone
system or...