[Asterisk-Users] Simple Front Gate Intercom

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Feb 26 12:47:07 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:20:00PM -0600, Rob Fugina wrote:

> Yup, that looks like the right device to me...  Looks like it'll connect
> to an FXS port on your * box.  Wonder what that thing costs...  Looks like
> you need 3 dates with a sales rep before they'll quote you a price...

http://www.globe-mart.com/page/v/vk_w_1000.htm

If that's the same model... $170.00 (U.S.).

I downloaded their pdf documentation, and it shows the W-1000 plugging
into a 13.8v external power supply and into an "unused PABX/KSU Trunk
Input." They show that set-up _or_ a set-up with a Viking controller for
common mortal who have no pbx system in their home or office.

Again, my lack of vocabulary is a pain: PABX is a PBX (e.g. Asterisk)
system, correct?

I think I'm going to have to go find some place that sells these around
here (San José, Costa Rica) - or units similar - and find out if this
will work. The unit actually rings the phone. With Asterisk, we don't
need that, do we? "Picking up" the phone (pressing the Call button?) is
what kicks Asterisk off to run the extension for the call event, right?

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica