[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive ring on 2 channels?

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Feb 26 06:52:28 MST 2004

Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have 2 zap channels (x100p). One is the house line, and the other is
the business line. I have call forwarding on busy setup on BOTH lines,
to call a distinctive ring number on each other line. This way, no
matter which line is busy, calls roll over to the other.

Basicaly a "poor man's DID".

dring1=0,0,0
dring1context=bell2
dring2=335,0,0
dring2context=bell
context=bell2
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
channel => 1

dring1=0,0,0
dring1context=bell
dring2=335,0,0
dring2context=bell2
context=bell
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
channel => 2

The problem seems to be that only the first dring1 context is set, so
the second channel does not see it's own dring settings... When the
dring1 pattern is seen, it always goes to the bell2 context even on
channel 2.

Is there a better way of doing what I am trying to do? or is this a
limitation of the distinctive ring code?