[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7912 problem with chan_sccp

Øyvind Johnsen johnsen at neurofisk.ath.cx
Wed Feb 25 12:42:56 MST 2004

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-1] Øyvind Johnsen wrote:
>
>> I tried at first Theo's chan_sccp. (No Dialtone)... I have now tried the
>> lambda-solution and asterisk keeps crashing every time I have used the
>> 7912... I guess that skinny / asterisk have some way to go before it is
>> of
>> any use other than playing with.
>
> Whoa there, steady...  ;-)
>
> I am using a 7960 with chan_sccp from www.lambda-solutions.de/7920, and it
> works fine...  Well, there's a couple of snarls but I'm quite pleased
> (made a patch to support a feature I wanted, too).
>
> I don't know what level of support there is for 7912 (from what you're
> saying it's low), but it might be worth working with the guys rather than
> running down their work.  There is a bugtracker at
> www.lambda-solutions.de/bugs, I'm sure they would not mind you filing a
> bug report...
>
> Cheers,
> Vic Cross

I have gotten the 7940 to work with chan_sccp. I dont have that much
experience with VoIP. I have been assigned checking out Asterisk since Im
the only one at work who know my way around Linux. We have sold different
solutions based on Cisco CallManager, which is quite expensive, and we are
testing out asterisk in our lab to see if it is possible to use in a
production environment. I was not aware of the bugtracker @
lambda-solutions and I have now created an account there and filed a bug
report. We also just  got a WiFi Cisco-phone (dont remember the model) and
Im looking forward to testing it when we get an european power supply for
it.

Thanks for the replies!! :)