[Asterisk-Users] Comments on Voice Quality IP Hard Phones

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Wed Feb 25 11:57:49 MST 2004

We implemented 21 Polycom IP 500 SIP phones in December and the voice
quality with Ulaw is very good.  We also use g729 and IAX to connect two
sites together on DSL and voice quality sounds pretty good as well.  No
one has complained yet.

The speaker phone is pretty good, and occasionally on POTS calls when
using the Handset we have echo for the duration of the call.  This
however, seems to be an issue with * and not the IP 500's.

We also tell the receptionist to reboot her phone daily, as the transfer
feature will stop working occasionally, but the reboot has remedied the
problem.

Rgds,

Brent

Polycom