[Asterisk-Users] Comments on Voice Quality IP Hard Phones

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Wed Feb 25 11:26:24 MST 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 08:26 am, Peer Oliver schmidt wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am in the middle of getting my self some hard phones. Anyone care
> to comment on the *voice* quality of the following phones:
>
> Cisco 7960
> Siptone II
> SNOM
> Budgetone
>
> I have seen a few reviews, but none go to deep into the voice quality
> issue.
>
> Thanks.
>
> rgds
> pos

I have Budgetone and the speaker phone is not the best but the handset
quality is quite OK. It does not support the "full" audio spectrum of a
phone so a deep voice will not come out quite as deep. Other wise it's
waay good for a $80 VoIP speakerphone.

Actually, when I make a VoIP call coast to coast it's so quiet I cannot
tell if the connection is up, but that's thanks to *.

neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin