[Asterisk-Users] Problem with SIP 407

Marc Fargas asterisk at telenieko.com
Wed Feb 25 06:03:46 MST 2004

I’m in trouble with SIP. I’ve got a SIP FXS gateway from www.micronet.info
(SP5002/S) and traed to register to asterisk, It seems to autentícate but
sniffing the net it shows a 407 proxy authen required error message and I
cannot make any outgoing calls from that gateway.

That’s what I have:

Sip.conf
==

[SOMESIP]
type=friend
secret=xxxxxxx
insecure=no
;host=192.168.6.2
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.6.2
context=nacer
mailbox=601

On the FXS:

usr/config$ sip -print

    Run Mode                 : PROXY MODE
    Proxy address            : 192.168.2.2
    Proxy port               : 5060
    Domain                   : null
    Prefix string            : null
    Line1                    : 1001
    Line2                    : 1002
    SIP listen port          : 5060
    RTP receive port         : 16384
    Expire                   : 3600

usr/config$ security -print

 Line1 account information
    Username    : SOMESIP
    Password    : xxxxxxxxx

I’ve tried putting ‘Domain’ = Asterisk on the FXS and other things, also
played with codecs but everything seems to come from the 407 message, how
can I avoid that message?

Another thing is that I need to register the gateway, so it doesn’t allow
calling out if it hasn’t registered.

Thanks!
  Marc!