[Asterisk-Users] Simulating the "lighted line in use" type of phone

Chris Clifton chris at netlabz.com
Tue Feb 24 13:49:36 MST 2004

That's fine for outbound lines, but what if I want to call the guy in the
next office ? I have to call him and get redirected to his busy vm just to
know that he's on the phone.

This is a huge issue with the recepetionist with the 'master console'. How
does he/she know whether a user is busy or not ?

20 year old phone systems offer this capability.

I see this as a serious shortfall of asterisk / currently available ip
phones right now.

- Chris Clifton