[Asterisk-Users] Simulating the "lighted line in use" type of phone

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Feb 24 13:31:25 MST 2004

I'd like to see if anyone out there might have some ideas on this.

I have a customer who wants to move to VoIP, but who has an office full
of people who are very conservative about their telephones.

They would like the asterisk system that I am proposing to have
something analogous to what they have right now, which are plain 4-line
analog phones with a light showing any lines in use, and a button
beneath that they press to choose an outbound line.

Before I tell them that this is a silly retrograde behavior I thought
I'd check first to see how others of you out there might handle this
same desideratum.

Thanks in advance.

b.