[Asterisk-Users] VM: Multilanguage and digits

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Feb 23 13:41:16 MST 2004

Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to record som voiveprompts, and I've created a directory "se" in
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds - in that directory I've put files like
> vm-intro.gsm, vm-the-person.gsm and do on. And if I use SetLanguage(se) I
> hear my own voice prompts!
> But wehre should I place the digits I've recorded? - I have tried to put
> them in "se/digits" but that don't works?
>
> Anyone that have an idea about where to put the digits for my own
> languages - I have read the mult-language section at voip-info.org but that
> don't really says where to put the sound files.
Hej Lars!

 From the Wiki: (The sound files page)

Location of the sound files
Asterisk normally looks for a sound file with an extension used for the codec used. If a language is set for the channel with the
SetLanguage() application, Asterisk first looks for countrycode/filename where countrycode is the language code (example:. 'fr' for french).
Languages and special tones for that country or region are defined in indications.conf.
-------
Well, this doesn't apply for digits because the source file is patched for english for some reason.
The other day, this was removed for norway. Could be done for se as well, don't you agree?

 From say.c:
  /* Use english numbers if a given language is supported. */
                 /* As a special case, Norwegian has the same numerical grammar
                    as English */
                 if (strcasecmp(language, "no"))
                         language = "en";

Change "no" to "se" (who cares about norwegian :-) ) and you'll be ok.
And remember to report this to bugs.digium.com - tack!

/O