[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Call menu handling problem with Norstar - Partial Solution

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Mon Feb 23 03:36:27 MST 2004

Well after a bit more googling, I've found the quick & nasty fix to this
problem. Users on the Norstar extensions need to dial Feature 808 to enable
"Long Tones" so that when they press a key on their keypad, it's passed
correctly to the Analog Terminal Adapter.

I call this a partial solution, since this feature only works on a per-call
basis.

However it would seem to me that this was happening already, just that for
some reason the Norstar extension then stops sending/receiving on the voice
channel... maybe it's a bug or just a Norstar "Feature".

I read somewhere that they are one of the worst PBX's to try and integrate
with, and my experiences so far definitely concur with that, particularly
with the ATA's... no disconnect supervision, can't pass a DTMF properly from
digital to analog, argh!