[Asterisk-Users] "Call did not go through"

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Sat Feb 21 18:11:56 MST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Jim Sneeringer wrote:

> [default]
> exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
>
> where
>
> TRUNK = Zap/1&Zap/2
>
> which are Digium FXO cards.
>
> It works with
>
> 	exten =>9,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
>
> Furthermore, it was working before.  To my knowledge, the only thing I
> changed to make it fail was to shut down the working test system, move it to
> the actual environment, and make it live.  I had been testing with only one
> of the two CO lines.  Maybe I changed something in extension.conf, but if so
> I don't know what it was.

The message you are getting is not from asterisk, its from you telco.  To
simulate what * is doing in this case, plug a phone into your POTS line
and just pick it up without dialing any digits.

You should be using a zaptel group for this, as Dial'ng the way you
are now won't work properly.

Assuming you are dialing 95551234 this is what would be dialed
Dial(Zap/1&Zap/2/5551234)

So it will only actually dial a number when the first Zap channel isn't in
use.

Make sure you have a group set in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf before both of
your channel definitions.  Like this:

group => 2
channel => 1
channel => 2