[Asterisk-Users] HFC-Cologne TE mode, non-I4L mode.

Jens P. Hansen jph at scandev.com
Sat Feb 21 01:28:22 MST 2004

Hi there,

I have successful launched Asterisk in a testbed configured with a
single Billion (Cologne-chip) based BRI adaptor using ISDN4LINUX and
several SIP phones.

The problem is that when dialing out, I experience a latency of
approximately 2 seconds going Asterisk->World whereas World->Asterisk
has no notiable delay -this gives some very interresting telephone
calls, which for nostalgics like myself brings memory of Europe-US calls
via satelitte where one basically had to say "over" each time the
direction changed.

Anyway, I have in the archives for this mailling list seen several
references to Junghanns and the PBX4KLinux project where it is mentioned
that it should be possible to use HFC cards in TE mode based on the
Zaptel drivers. Unfortunately a "configuration" example of same keep
eluding me, I can find several examples of the setup used in "NT" mode
(pretty cool by the way) but only sparsly comments in regards to TE mode
(without I4L).

Have anyone out there experience in this particular setup and in such
case would be kind enough to give me some pointers (-and will it solve
my latency problem).

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards
Jens P. Hansen