[Asterisk-Users] tapi for asterisk*

FastJack xfjx at m4tr1Xx.de
Fri Feb 20 01:58:55 MST 2004

hi everybody,

wouldn't it be great to have a tapi provider that works with asterisk?
all we would need is a custum tapi service provider that uses asterisk's manager functions to play a call between a configured extension (e.g. your iax/sip/zap phone and a number that you provide using e.g. microsoft outlook).

I found the folling in the net that could give some help:

http://www.julmar.com/ here you can find a gpl licensed lib to create a tsp.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+dialout

again: here is a draw of how it could be done.

- in your properties you have your default extension configured.
- then you select a contact in MS outlook and want to place a call using tapi and the asterisk tapi service provider.
- the tsp then uses asterisk manager function to place a call between your extension and the person you want to call.
(e.g. Channel: Capi/@12345:0815 to Exten: 4711)

or we can somehow drop a .call-file in asterisk outgoing directory if this is easier / more secure.

who would be interested in helping develloping such a project. My programming skills are not that good but I will try to do my best.

bye