[Asterisk-Users] Are IAX2 providers ready for prime time?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Fri Feb 20 01:20:39 MST 2004

Hi All...

I have been putting together a call center and I was hoping to use a VoIP
provider who can terminate IAX2.  A participant here has been kind enough
to help me off list, for which I am grateful.  I have called two VoIP
providers, Coloco and NuFone.  Coloco has yet to return my calls and
although I spoke with someone at NuFone yesterday, today when I tried to
call to get service I got several "all circuits are busy" messages.
Calling on the non-toll free number I left voice mail, but got no call
back, or response to my email.

I looked at Voice Pulse, but have read here that there are issues with
reliability.  They also seem set up for end user consumers, as do a few
others.

So I am starting to get a bad feeling about VoIP providers.  They seem like
really, really small outfits.  Realistically, is the service provided by
VoIP providers reliable and stable?  Can you bet your business on it?  How
often does it go down?

I would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!