[Asterisk-Users] Bizarre ring

Lee Redmayne lee.redmayne at nwva.org
Thu Feb 19 15:10:22 MST 2004

Not at all Derek :)  I'd rather have all bases covered.

It is my bad, the CB is FXS, and we have FXO KS signalling.

Here's my zapata.conf
[channels]
context = default
Switchtype = euroisdn
rxwink = 300
Usecallerid = yes
Hidecallerid = no
Usecallingpres = yes
Callwaitingcallerid = yes
Threewaycalling = yes
Transfer = yes
Cancallforward = yes
Callreturn = yes
Echocancel = yes
Echocancelwhenbridged = yes
Rxgain = 0.0
Txgain = 0.0
Group = 1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
Adsi=yes

signalling=fxo_ks
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
group = 1
context=rhino
channel => 1-24

switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = pri_cpe
group = 2
context=incoming
channel => 25-30

Thanks!

From: "Derek Bruce" <dbruce at calgarytelecom.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Bizarre ring
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:07:12 -0700

I don't think so... KewlStart is just LoopStart with disconnect?
supervision... either should work...

The debounce settings in the Asterisk configuration affects how Asterisk
handles hookswitch transitions on it's FXO/FXS interfaces. Since you are
using a channel bank connected to a T1 interface, these settings will have
no effect... Asterisk never sees the hookswitch transitions... it sees the
digital signal from the channel bank that tells it that a hookswitch
transition has occurred. The channel bank actually 'decodes' the hookswitch
event.

Also, check your zapata.conf to make sure that the TE410P is configured to
correctly talk to the channel bank... even a slight misconfiguration can
cause strange behaviour even though it does function. Also remember that any
changes you make to zapata.conf require you to reconfigure the interface
with ztconfig before running Asterisk.

Keep in mind that your channel bank is a 24 port FXS unit (although it's not
ultimately important since your config works)... FXS units use FXO
signalling.

My appologies if this sounds condescending... just trying to cover as many
bases as possible... 8-}