[Asterisk-Users] max asterisk load

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Feb 19 14:44:25 MST 2004

hi.
> Assuming calls will be using G711, a little of g729 (max-15), 1000 SIP
> (multi-vendor: Cisco, GS, MOtorola, Dlink,etc), of which 80% clients are
> behind NAT, and server of I-P4 2GHz, 80GB HD and 4GRAM, will that work?

depends on how many concurrent calls you have.
you can have 10k users, but only 10 calls a time,
so a little server is needed. think of that.

supposing you have 30% of your users doing calls
at the same time, I would say to to your question.
perhaps a dual 2.4 gigs fits better.

imho is to have several servers, and spread the load
between them.

the best way (but far from being perfect)
is to test it. put up 2 asterisk servers,
and generate calls between them.
see when the load is high
(or asterisk crashes :> )

now you have an idea :)