[Asterisk-Users] Room Monitor

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Feb 19 08:28:09 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:01:37AM -0500, Jim Flagg said:
> [...]

Hmm. Is it just me, or does this sound like a sledgehammer for a
thumbtack kind of application?

Radioshack has cheap intercoms that work fairly well. They have 900Mhz
wireless and FM over powerline versions. Most cheap baby monitors are in
the 27Mhz band which sucks and is very prone to static. They are also
made for $3 in china with NO QA and horrible parts using 1970's
technology.

A couple years ago, I also used a siemens cordless gigaset that had a
room monitor function. When the baby made noise it called another
intercom extension. This only worked for gigaset to gigaset and didn't
go over the normal phoneline.

You may also want to look at a better model of intercom.
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?id=17605&c=bgm
Uses 900Mhz.