[Asterisk-Users] vm to email ?

Netlabz - Chris Clifton chris at netlabz.com
Wed Feb 18 22:57:20 MST 2004

Voicemail is working fine (gs phone even shows indication), but I can't get
email forwarding to work. The vm is written to the spool directory in wav
format as expected, I see sendmail briefly start in a seperate 'top d1'
display, but no email is ever sent from the * box. (tcpdump on port 25 shows
no smtp conversation ever starts).

* has internet connectivity, I can telnet to port 25 of my co's mail servers
on the net.

* is cvs/02/18/04 on redhat 9.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,
Chris Clifton

======= extensions.conf  =======
exten => 115,1,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => 115,2,Hangup

====== voicemail.conf ========
;
; Voicemail Configuration
;
[general]
; Default formats for writing Voicemail
;format=g723sf|wav49|wav

format=wav

; Who the e-mail notification should appear to come from

serveremail=asterisk at company.com

;serveremail=asterisk at linux-support.net
; Should the email contain the voicemail as an attachment

attach=yes

; Maximum length of a voicemail message

maxmessage=180

; Maximum length of greetings
;maxgreet=60
; How many miliseconds to skip forward/back when rew/ff in message playback
skipms=3000
; How many seconds of silence before we end the recording
maxsilence=10
; Silence threshold (what we consider silence, the lower, the more
sensitive)
silencethreshold=128
; Max number of failed login attempts
maxlogins=3

; Skip the "[PBX]:" string from the message title
;pbxskip=yes
; Change the From: string

fromstring=The Asterisk PBX

; Change the email body, variables: VM_NAME, VM_DUR, VM_MSGNUM, VM_MAILBOX,
VM_CALLERID, VM_DATE

emailbody=Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were just
left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox
${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE} so you might\nwant to check
it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t--Asterisk\n

;
; You can override the default program to send e-mail if you wish, too
;

mailcmd=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t

[zonemessages]
eastern=America/New_York|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central=America/Chicago|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central24=America/Chicago|'vm-received' q 'digits/at' H 'digits/hundred' M
'hours'

;
; Each mailbox is listed in the form
; if the e-mail is specified, a message will be sent when a message is
; received, to the given mailbox. If pager is specified, a message will be
sent there as well.
;
[default]
1234 => 4242,Example Mailbox,root at localhost
;4200 => 9855,Mark
Spencer,markster at linux-support.net,mypager at digium.com,attach=no|serveremail=
myaddy at digium.com|tz=central
;4300 => 3456,Ben Rigas,ben at american-computer.net
;4310 => 5432,Sales,sales at marko.net
;4069 => 6522,Matt Brooks,matt at marko.net
;4110 => 3443,Rob Flynn,rflynn at blueridge.net

;
; Mailboxes may be organized into multiple contexts for
; voicemail virtualhosting
;

[company]
115 => 2019,Chris,chris at company.com,,attach=yes

[other]
1234 => 5678,Company2 User,root at localhost