[Asterisk-Users] Help setting up asterisk

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Wed Feb 18 17:47:40 MST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jason Miller waxed:

> Hello all I am new to this and was wondering if anyone could assist me or point me in the right direction as to how to setup asterisk for a T-1 to be able to call a PSTN number? I see plenty of walk throughs if you have analog cards installed but none with just the T-1 card or am I missing something and dont know it or just uninformed on what this takes? All the information I have read says all I need is a Digium T100P card terminating my T1 and a ethernet card for my local network for my VOIP phones, is this correct?

The T1 is your link to the PSTN.  And yes, you can use a
T100P card for the T1, and ethernet to your hub out to VoIP
phones.  If you are completely new to telephony, *, etc.,
then you might want to check the Asterisk consultants page
on the wiki and pay someone to set it up right.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May