[Asterisk-Users] Wifi Phones

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Wed Feb 18 16:38:19 MST 2004

Below

Quoting Yifang Dai <yifang_dai at yahoo.com>:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:30:09PM -0600, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> > See below
> >
> > Actually you can control the volume while in call with the four way toggle
> > button in the center of the phone. Right for louder, left for softer. The
>
> I saw that botton, but adjusting them make so little effect on the
> volume, so I thought they didn't work... I was looking for the regular
> cell phone style physical volume buttons...

In a "good" call the volume settings seem to do quite a bit. But on a low volume
it just doesn't seem to do much. I finally have gotten the pulver engineer to
respond, so I will mention that i am not the only one with the problem. The
phone seems physically capable of decent volume. Such as the notification beeps
before a call.

Also have you tried an cell phone earbud, for your situation?

> > problem I am seeing is if I get a low audio connection, even maxing the
> volume
> > makes the call just barely audible.
>
> Yes, we were looking to use them in the noisy warehouses, but it doesn't
> looks like it's going to work..
>

> > Which codec are you using for the phone?
> >

> I'm just using ulaw for now.
>
> > Maybe we are talking about a different phone. At this point I really
> wondering
> > if either 1) the phone doesn't like ulaw/alaw, 2) I just have a bad unit.

One of the suggestions from the pulver engineer is to use g729. I am going to
try to get an order in today via Digium to see if this helps the situation.

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com