[Asterisk-Users] Wifi Phones

Yifang Dai yifang_dai at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 16:18:09 MST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:30:09PM -0600, Jonathan Moore wrote:
> See below
>
> Actually you can control the volume while in call with the four way toggle
> button in the center of the phone. Right for louder, left for softer. The

I saw that botton, but adjusting them make so little effect on the
volume, so I thought they didn't work... I was looking for the regular
cell phone style physical volume buttons...

> problem I am seeing is if I get a low audio connection, even maxing the volume
> makes the call just barely audible.

Yes, we were looking to use them in the noisy warehouses, but it doesn't
looks like it's going to work..

> Which codec are you using for the phone?

I'm just using ulaw for now.

> Maybe we are talking about a different phone. At this point I really wondering
> if either 1) the phone doesn't like ulaw/alaw, 2) I just have a bad unit. I

ulaw appears to be working fine. Besides the volume problem, it's a
great phone...

Yifang