[Asterisk-Users] Hide outgoing CallerId on Zap interface

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Wed Feb 18 10:08:04 MST 2004

I'm sorry that this isn't a real reply on the previous mail but I just got
my mail client to behave again.

>When I need to hide callerid ( sip phones ),  I will configure this in
>sip.conf.
>You need to include   restrictcid=yes
>for each user that needs to be hidden.
>
>-- Pertti

Ok, it actually looks like it does a difference. If I try to debug the pri
span I get following output with restrictcid=yes:

> Calling Number (len=12) [ Ext: 0  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
Unknown Number Plan (0)
>                           Presentation: Presentation prohibited, user
number passed network screening (33) '43300634' ]
> Called Number (len=11) [ Ext: 1  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
Unknown Number Plan (0) '28407105' ]

And without restrictcid=yes:

> Calling Number (len=12) [ Ext: 0  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
Unknown Number Plan (0)
>                           Presentation: Presentation permitted, user
number passed network screening (1) '43300634' ]
> Called Number (len=11) [ Ext: 1  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
Unknown Number Plan (0) '28407105' ]

But nevertheless my mobile is still showing the number I'm dialing from.

Our provider is song networks which is a Danish Telco provider. If anymore
debug info is needed let me know

Regards
Mickey Binder