[Asterisk-Users] FXO gateways on Asterisk

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 22:00:00 MST 2004

I have been struggling with several mediocre SIP FXO gateways on
Asterisk for the past
6 months and have found that each one has at least one major problem
with it.  I am looking
for any success stories using 1 to 4 port SIP FXO gateways on Asterisk.
I need for them
to support RFC2833 DTMF bridging each way and G729 codecs.  Multi-port
FXO gateways
need to have some sort of grouping and/or routing of SIP calls to
specific channels.  So far,
I have evaluated an Audiocodes MP-104 (4-port) and a Multitech MVP-130
(1 port).
If anyone has found something that works in these scenario's, I would
love to hear from you.
I want to deploy many small FXO gateways over a large geographical area
and would
like to find something that actually works.  Thanks for the help!