[Asterisk-Users] Switch brands, speeds, etc.

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Sun Feb 15 20:09:53 MST 2004

Not really switch avice, but it you are rewiring anyway, ditch the cat3. A good
portion of wiring cost is the labor to pull the wire. Since you are doing it
anyone I would pull enough to handle the phones too.

We are shopping too, but for an enterprise wide solution (about 1000-1500 ports
WAN wide). I like the HP ProCurve 48 port for its good warranty, rep, and, low
cost per port. If we decide to go with power over ethernet, however, we are
leaning towards Cisco.

I am curious what others are using.

--
Jonathan Moore