[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Vonage -- possible? Other DID providers with Atlanta presence?

Tom Knox tom at knox.ws
Sun Feb 15 14:00:04 MST 2004

OK, time for this 1 day old Asterisk convert to start getting his feet wet
:)

I have just installed Asterisk on a Redhat box -- easy installation!

I am not using any analog interface hardware, instead am going to try to
test using my Vonage account.

Soooo..... The question is, how would I set up Asterisk to replace my
Motorola VT100v  voice terminal that Vonage provided me?  I have been
through the manual, and determined it is using SIP, so how do you set up
asterisk to send and receive from a SIP provider.

Next (more advanced?) question, if I get a second SIP DID how would I set
this up also.

I am going to be developing some apps to use with Asterisk so plan on
contributing here just as soon as I can :)

Thanks in advance!

---