[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voicemail Password Digit Timeout

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 14 14:11:41 MST 2004

FromJim Burwell, Dec 21,2003
__________________________________
I had the same problem with Grandsteam phones and *.  No other hard or
soft phones have the 'double digit' problem with *.  I don't think
Asterisk can do both RFC2833 and in-band DTMF at the same time.  It
does, however, do RFC2833 and SIP Info at the same time (SIP Info method
seems to be on all the time, even when RFC2833 is selected in the
sip.conf file).  Switching the Grandsteam to SIP Info allowed it to talk
to Asterisk and fixed the double digits problem.

- Jim