[Asterisk-Users] Adtran 750 - what do I need

John Baker johnb at listbrokers.com
Sat Feb 14 11:07:56 MST 2004

How you do this depends on what you're getting from your phone company.  I
just configured mine for incoming POTS lines.  I used three quad FXO cards
and sent the output out to the T-100P.  Worked great, and I didn't have to
change any settings on the fxo cards to get them to work.

I started a thread on this very subject last month, so search the archives.
Also,  Bill Black was kind enough to give me the following (Thanks, Bill!)

Hi John:

A few thoughts on the Adtran:

If it wasn't purchased new, you may want to update the firmware if it is
very old.  Pretty simple to do with a kermit session or your favorite
terminal program.  My settings are as follows:

in zaptel.conf, make sure you have:

span=1,0,0,esf,B8zs
fxsks=1-12

in zapata.conf, make sure you have:

signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1-12

With the above settings caller ID is coming through AOK here.  If your
T1 lights are happy (e.g. green) and your power supply is green there is
a good chance you are working OK.  (ztcfg -vv should also show problems
if there are any.)  If you do plug into the AD-750 serial port you can
also look for module status.  It will hopefull show channels as being
'in service'.

Watch out for a red ringer supply light on your PSU.  If you see this
and can't reset it just send it back to adtran.  They have a 10 year
warranty.

Bill Black

You'll probably want a serial cable for connecting to the Adtran.  You'll
need it for upgrading the firmware.

The firmware can be found at www.adtran.com

Make sure and get the L36 version of the software.

Here's the how-to on connecting to the Adtran:

http://www.adtran.com/ADTRANPX/Doc/0/IPT0R456V3B139RT038BE81ID8/Connecting+a+termianl+or+PC+to+the+Craft+Port.htm

As you can see, there are two ways to do it.  The easy way is the DB-9 male
to DB-9 female straight through cable.

I had a heck of a problem connecting to this until I set the flow control to
off on my terminal settings.  Then it was easy.  You can use minicom with
the VT102 settings to connect to the Adtran.

Don't forget to make a proper T-1 Crossover cable to connect to the T100P!

There really isn't a whole lot to getting this up and running.  It was one
of the easiest hardware installations I've done.

By the way, I've got three quad FXS cards I'm not using, if you're
interested.

John Baker