[Asterisk-Users] X100P / Echo / ZTMONITOR CAN2,3, etc.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Feb 13 19:59:15 MST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 19:48, Jeff Stohl wrote:
> My echo is really bad on the dialing out line only, the other user
> has a perfect reception. The inside user has just a horrible echo
> back of their voice. I've tried various echo canel methods in
> zapata.conf as well as regular TX/RX gains. I tried running ztmonitor
> 1 -v and the ztmonitor RX and TX charts came up but did not provide
> any display back so I was unable to find some better TX/RX. I tried
> several settings but those didn't help.

If you're getting echo of your own voice, but the remote is getting a
clear signal, then Asterisk echo cancellation is working properly.  It
is the remote provider not echo cancelling properly.

Think of the echo in this way:  what you're hearing is your voice on
the remote receiver being picked up by the remote microphone and
sent back to you.

You might ask your remote party not to use a speakerphone and to
press the receiver tightly against his/her ear, as this will dampen the
sound detected by the microphone and lessen the echo.

-Tilghman