[Asterisk-Users] More external call control

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Fri Feb 13 11:06:19 MST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, toms at xmission.com waxed:

> My questions are as follows, (but before I begin; I know there is queueing
> and some ACD functionality in *, but I need to do this externally. I want
> the queueing decisions to be external because my central queue engine
> handles things like email, chat, etc as well as calls):

You might then want to consider just putting people in
MusicOnHold extensions, Parking extensions, etc.  Putting
them in a * queue -- when they are already in your own
external queue -- would be a flawed redundancy, owing to
differences in queue logic.

> In other words, can I send some message to * that will tell it to route a
> call in queue to a specific extension by a unique ID (because there may be
> los of calls queued).

This is possible.  But not really through AGI.  You would
need to use the manager interface, which is more for
external control.  Not to say that you couldn't create
manager commands that would in turn put you in the dialplan
to run a specific AGI...

> While the call is in queue, can I send commands to have different
> announcements played?

There's no moh stuff for the manager interface, but you
could look at the 'Redirect' manager command.  Maybe
consider moving someone from one queue to another, where
there happens to be different moh.

> If a call hangs up while in queue, is that a step in extensions.conf so I
> can call my script with that info?

Extension 'h' is reserved for hangups, but it isn't limited
to just queues.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May