[Asterisk-Users] High Density configuration for Voice & Fax

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Wed Feb 11 11:24:58 MST 2004

Hi,

Are there any well known good H/W configurations for high density E1
setups supporting * and FAX? The response we got from digium about their
cards, as far as FAX is concerned, is: "I would not depend upon them for
FAX. It does work, but it is not completely reliable.".

The minimum we would need is 4 x E1 on each system but both Voice and FAX
at the same time.

Also, I saw somewhere on the asterisk sites, that * can support up to 100
concurrent calls on a dual Xeon 1.8GHz when doing media conversion.

We have a few projects that we will need PRI <-> GSM or G729 media
conversion (for WAN use). Do you know any cards that can take care of the
media conversion and free the CPUs (for use with * of course)?

Kind regards,

Costa