[Asterisk-Users] Jump to extension from voice menu

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 11 02:47:47 MST 2004

bam wrote:

> Is there a way to allow a caller to enter an extension number that is
> more than one digit long in a voice menu?
>
> I want to have a menu that allows something like "If you know the
> extension number of the person please enter it otherwise 1 for sales,
> 2 for...etc"
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Brian.

Yes..

Take a look at the DigitTimeout and ResponseTimeout applications..

  -= Info about application 'DigitTimeout' =-

[Synopsis]:
Set maximum timeout between digits

[Description]:
  DigitTimeout(seconds): Set the  maximum  amount of time permitted between
digits when the user is typing in an extension.  When this timeout expires,
after the user has started to  type  in an extension, the extension will be
considered  complete, and  will be interpreted.  Note that if an  extension
typed in is valid, it will not have to timeout to be tested,  so  typically
at  the  expiry of  this timeout, the  extension will be considered invalid
(and  thus  control  would be passed to the 'i' extension, or if it doesn't
exist the call would be terminated).  Always returns 0.

  -= Info about application 'ResponseTimeout' =-

[Synopsis]:
Set maximum timeout awaiting response

[Description]:
  ResponseTimeout(seconds): Set the maximum amount of time permitted after
falling through a series of priorities for a channel in which the user may
begin typing an extension.  If the user does not type an extension in this
amount of time, control will pass to the 't' extension if  it  exists, and
if not the call would be terminated.  Always returns 0.