[Asterisk-Users] Wait command in auto attendant causes sched.c error

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Feb 10 21:34:26 MST 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 20:49, Tim Sailer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:04:41PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 February 2004 14:36, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
> > > Feb 10 13:19:36 NOTICE[17743913]: Request to schedule in the
> > > past?!?!
> >
> > Your machine is heavily loaded.  A thread which was interrupted to
> > schedule another thread or process was not able to complete its
> > task in time.  Your solution is either to reduce the load on that
> > machine or get yourself a faster machine.  Low memory is another
> > possible culprit (i.e. your processes are swapping, which slows
> > down context switches).
>
> I get this on my brand new machine, 2.4 GHz, 512M RAM, .01 load

Uh, well, that's actually a worse problem, then.  You're experiencing
clock drift.  It could be something as simple as the NTP daemon syncing
time at a certain moment, but if you're getting more than one every
couple weeks, you probably have a serious hardware problem.  Could be
in the hardware clock, could be a faulty motherboard chipset.  Actually,
could be any of a number of problems.  I think you know what you have to
do at this point.

-Tilghman