[Asterisk-Users] I finally did IT!!!! Internal dial tone

Alex Lopez alex at opsys.com
Tue Feb 10 15:24:17 MST 2004

After having this bother me for a while and trying to do it via the
source I finally got * to give me a different dial tone for internal
calls versus an outside PSTN call.

I have included the dial plan from extensions.conf.

Background info:

Inside is the context defined in my Zapata.conf file as the context to
use for the zap devices.

Allextensions is just that, all my internal extensions.

Asttrunk is simply our main asterisk server that is connected to the
PSTN. I throw all the outbound calls toward this machine and have the
dial plan setup there.  You can simply and your trunk configurations
here if you like. Matching here would be the whole number to be dialed
without the 9.

I had to change the dial tones in indications.conf under [us] to be
something different I am using the au tones as ii is most like the
inside tone that I am used to on my other PBX.

_______

;

; Rest of extensions.conf snipped

;

[inside]

include => allextensions

exten => 9,1,Goto(outsidedialtone,s,1)

[outsidedialtone]

exten => s,1,Playtones(350+440) ; US standard dialtone from
indications.conf

exten => _X,1,SetVar(FIRSTNUM=${EXTEN})       ; Had to get the first
digit dialed and hold on to it!!

exten => _X,2,StopPlaytones()

exten => _X,3,Goto(outgoingdial,s,1)

[outgoingdial]

exten => s,1,NoOp() ; needed b/c I send the call here via Goto

exten => _X.,1,Goto(asttrunk,${FIRSTNUM}${EXTEN},1)   ;           This
is where the rest of the number gets read sans dial tone.

[asttrunk]

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/[user]:[password]@[machine]/${EXTEN})

_______

CAVEOTS

I have not changed any source files in order to do this, (that speaks
wonders for the flexibility of the dial plan!!)  However, this does
require changes to the default install.  I know that it is a little bit
of a kludge, but it does work!!!

Please feel free to improve, comment, or simply use.