[Asterisk-Users] Call center integration - passing caller id into an external app.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Feb 10 14:16:56 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:02, Yonah Wolf wrote:
> Okay,
>
> So here is a another relatively neophyte question that I hope not to get
> RTFM flames for. I am curious if there is a way that I can use incoming
> caller id and pass it to a an application so that a CSR can get the
> information of the customer that is calling without having to ask the
> customer caller ID - alternatively, can this be done having the customer
> enter their number on the phone?
>
> Any reading material or opinions are appreciated, thanks.

If you aren't willing to read the manual and use your brain for more
than the filler between your ears, you will need to open your bank
account to a consultant who understands the manual and uses their brain.

This basically is to point out that there is plenty of examples around
that you shouldn't have to spend much time finding a suitable one to
adapt. If you are not capable of finding the example, you should either
search more, or purchase someones help.