[Asterisk-Users] Dialing 800 numbers with VOIP

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 11:36:45 MST 2004

I second the last comment below.  I  sent $5.00 via pay pal
to NuFone and was up and runing very quickly.

My problem is billing.  What you do is send e-mail asking
"How much is left in the account?" and then if it is "low"
you send more.  For test purposes this is not bad but I
can't imagine setting up an end user with Asteisk and them
explaining to them that for the rest of their life they will
have to send account frequent ballance inquerries to NuFone.

I could be wrong and maybe I'll get billed when my $5.00 runs
out.  I started with such a low amount just to see what happens
when it runs out.  Will there be an outage of service?  Is
that how I will know I'm at zero ballance?  Maybe I'll get some
e-mail or a voice message saying "You're low, pay up."
I guess I'll find out.  But without a good billing system it
can't be used in a small office that employs no "phone geeks" who
will track ballances.

About thier rates.  Not bad.  You need to ask and you'll get a
spreadsheet with the per minute rates.  They beat Iconnect by
a slim margin. BUT they talk IAX2 which is a big plus.

Why is this not on the web and automated?  My guess is either a lack of
devlopment resources at NuFone or he's more interested in supporting
high volume customers who don't need a web site but more likely both.

--- Robert Hajime Lanning <lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com> wrote:
> <quote who="Joel Maslak">
> > I don't have a Nufone account (Jeremy - if you are reading - I
> would
> > probably have one if there was a price for a starter package listed
> on
> > your site - something for SoHo use, without any deep discounts or
> > anything, just something to use to play with the service; I have a
> > personal aversion to bothering with companies who don't list their
> > prices), so I have no idea if Nufone's 1-800 service works or not.
>
> There are no fees.  Think of it as a calling card.  You put $10 into
> the
> account, then you have $10 of minutes.  Per minute cost depends on
> where
> you are dialing to.
>
> --
> END OF LINE