[Asterisk-Users] Dial-out and Dial-in modem problems.

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Tue Feb 10 08:30:30 MST 2004

Bisker, Scott (7805) wrote:
> Has anyone experienced problems with dialup through asterisk.  I'm
> having some varied success with dial-in and dial-out.
>
> All my analog extensions are connected to * via Adtran 750 FXS
> channelbanks using FXO_KS signalling.  I have a longdistance T-1
> (e&m_w) from sprint and a local T-1 PRI from Verizon.

We had this problem. In fact we have a system very similer to your
setup.  We used Sprint for the long distance.  And the local PRI with
Allegiance.  We found that the problem was and still is Sprint.  We are
now doing all our modem support through our Allegiance PRI.  We had them
add long distance for us.  We spent over 2 months with Sprint's tech
support team including them sending a new Adtran and changing the lines
out.  We found that it was something to do with there voltage down
streem.  We finally after 2 months got the modems to work but only at
26,400.  With the PRI line from Allegiance we almost always get 44,000
plus connection and no drop calls.