[Asterisk-Users] X100P Cards have gone belly up?

Ryan R. Fligg rfligg at dstorage.com
Mon Feb 9 13:59:23 MST 2004

Alright,

I have quite a problem on my hands and even the digium engineers are
stumped.  First my system layout

Asterisk CVS-01/15/04-16:44:03 built by root at tele on a i686 running Linux

X101P cards: 3

SNOM200 Phones: 5

2 outgoing lines and 1 incoming line (DSL)

Okay, so one day our systems stopped working all together.  I know this is
very vague but I assure you that I did not change anything.

Our problem was that we were unable to dialout.  Receiving calls works just
fine.  Let me break this down.

Asterisk was up and running perfectly with no problems.  The X100P cards
were detected upon bootup and seemed to be loading just fine.

In our dialplan I have setup several contexts in which our callers are
limited to Local, Long Distance and emergency/immediate numbers.  A user
will

Dial a 9 before any call and the pattern matching will interpret what kind
of call it is, as is defined in my dialplan.  When a user would try to
initiate ANY call the response from the console was that the X100P card was
dialing out, but the user would hear nothing on the Snom200 end even though
I could verify from the console that the X100P card was bridging the call to
the Snom200 phone.

I then hooked up an analog phone to the X100P card and found the the X100P
was only dialing about ½ the number that was entered in the Snom200 phone.
I was a little stumped here so I called the digium tech support and the
ssh'd into our machine and were stumped.  They used zapbarge to listen on
the X100P card remotely and verified what I had heard.  Their fix to the
solution was to ditch all my contexts and use one universal context

exten => _9,1,Dial(${OUT}/)

Now all my users dial 9 and then get tone to an outside line to dial.

This is fine and dandy for our office of 5 at the moment but the
scaleability of our system has been GREATLY compromised.  All the future
accounting practices that I was going to implement with MySQL and other
features are not available now.

Here are the steps I took after getting the Digium solution:

1)       Built a new Asterisk Box and tried the cards: Results: Same

2)       Put a brand new card in the new asterisk box with current CVS:
Results: Same

3)       Tested our lines and found that the current was about 75 mA, built
resistor packs and lowered it to 23 mA, industry standard

4)       Used same hardware configuration as in 2 but with a new X100P card,
with lowered lines: Result: Same

5)       Took configuration in 4 to a residential location with decent line
amperage and tested: Result: Same

So after determining that reordering new X100P cards from Digium would be
useless because I got the same results with our spare X100P, I am at a loss
as what to do next.  I will include my any files any of you would need to
look at my configuration upon request because I don't want to make this
e-mail lengthy with my rather large extensions.conf file and others.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,

Ryan R. Fligg

Secured Digital Storage, Inc.