[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 0.7.2 RPMS Updated

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Feb 6 11:59:59 MST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Brian West wrote:

> Is someone going to do the v1-0-stable RPMS?

As soon as there is a .tgz available, (assuming it isn't already on the
FTP site) I will be happy to do it.

> Not sure if anyone knows that it was branched yet or not.  Everyone was
> jumping up and down and chanting BRANCH BRANCH BRANCH.... It fially
> happened and nobody says a word haha.. :)

I'm excited and happy to hear that the code has branched, but until there
is a snapshot released, it would be better for people to build out of the
CVS tree.

I suppose we could provide nightly RPM builds out of CVS, but I personally
would rather see the general public beating on Snapshots dropped at known
time periods so that specific releases can be tagged w/ specific bugs. If
we have 100 days worth of CVS snapshot RPMS out there, imagine the
confusion that can occur:

"I have CVS version 2004-2-1.rpm and it has this bug."

"Yeah, that was fixed in CVS on 2004-3-2, so upgrade."

"But I can't upgrade because the CVS 2004-3-4 that is available now breaks
the Xyz feature"

I personally believe it's cleaner to maintain a snapshot release for
general public consumption and allow people to maintain Changelogs between
versions. That way the end user can get a clear history of what
works/doesn't work based on release numbers.

                             KP-216-121-ST