[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as non root

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:13:36 MST 2004

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Permissions problem.  User asterisk needs to have permissions to
> write the file /var/run/asterisk.ctl
>

>>2: The pid file is no longer being updated
>

> Again, permissions problem.

I was under the impression that changing the line:
ASTVARRUNDIR=$(INSTALL_PREFIX)/var/run/asterisk

fixed it so that asterisk.ctl and asterisk.pid got written in the
/var/run/asterisk directory, which I gave asterisk ownership of.
Am I mistaken here, and if so where do I configure the source so that
they get put there, thus getting the rights they need?