[Asterisk-Users] Adtran 750 Configuration

John Baker johnb at listbrokers.com
Wed Feb 4 12:36:16 MST 2004

Hello,

I gave up trying to get my Voicetronix 4-port FXO card working with
Asterisk and opted for an Adtran 750 with three quad FXO cards going
into a T100P.

My toy came in today and I'm wondering what to do next.

Basically, I'm trying to run 10 POTS lines into the Adtran and get
output into the T100P.  Clearly, I have very little idea of what I'm
doing, so I thought I'd ask:

1) Do I need to do anything other than put the FXO cards in and figure
out which lines are live on the 66 block?  Or will I need to open up a
console on the Adtran and fix up a few things?

2) If the latter, what needs to be set on the Adtran?

3) What are the settings for zaptel.conf and zapata.conf?

4) How will the caller-ID be signalled?

5) Does anybody need three quad FXS cards?  The Adtran came with 6 quad
FXS and I'm replacing three with FXO cards, so I won't need all of
them.  (I was just going to leave the other three in the Adtran)

6) On the other hand, should I take out all 6 FXS cards and just go with
the three FXO or will it matter?

Thanks in advance,

John Baker
List Brokers, Inc.