[Asterisk-Users] Interrupted musiconhold sound when silence suppression is enabled

George Ye george_d_ye at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 10:27:19 MST 2004

Hi,

I am a new player of the Asterisk. I have a strage problem with musiconhold feature. Can anyone give some clues what might be the problem? A description of the problem is as follows:

1. Call from Cisco ATA 186 without silence suppression, when I push the "hold" button at the Cisco 7960 IP phone, the music plays just fine.
2. Call from Cisco ATA 186 with silence suppression enable, when I push the "hold" button of phone, the music is annoying, it cannot play smoothly. Sometimes, it plays well for a while, then there is a pause, then plays again, then pause,...

Certainly, an obvious solution is to disable silence suppression, however, this is unpracticable, because, sometimes, you might have no control of the remote side. Thanks in advance.

George