[Asterisk-Users] Boards falling out...

Tom Walsh slim at ala.net
Wed Feb 4 09:01:14 MST 2004

> I have a TDM40B, 4-port fxs card. Each port seems to have
> it's own little board on the fxs card. Each little board is
> not sodered in, but rather "hangs" (I have a vertical case
> for the server) on what I would call jumper pins (sorry, I'm
> not a profession geek, just a wannabe). One of my little
> boards, over time, slides off those jumper pins. I just
> noticed it this morning. I had to power down, seat it, and
> power up again. That's a pain.
>
> We did, though, have an earthquake this morning. That may
> have shaken things loose a bit. But, it wasn't much to speak
> of (long, but not strong).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem? What could I do to
> solve it (seat the little card a little more permanently)?

I haven't looked at an FXS card recently... But when we use to build
computers for shipping over seas the IDE card would unseat from the VESA
Local Bus during shipping... (God I am probably dating myself with that
one.) We would use "zip ties" (flexible plastic ratchet type of
fastener) to hold the cards in place.

Plastic == non-conductive and holds like a son of a gun.

Not sure if this would work with the FXS card, but just throwing out an
alternative to adhesives that might break down due to heat or other
environmental issues.

We used hot glue for a time, but the zip ties just worked much better.

Tom Walsh
Network Administrator
http://www.ala.net/